Post Page Advertisement [Top]


The Samsung Galaxy S8. This phone was great. But at the same time it wasn't. Here's why.

Let's start with the process of me buying this phone. Back in August, I was tired of my Nexus 5X. The battery would't last all day, and it had a fair amount of scratches and dings. I had used this phone enough so I needed an upgrade. I went over to Swappa and managed to sell it just shy of $200.  I had been working over the summer so I also used the money I got from that and bought a Samsung Galaxy S8. I bought it, used it, and loved it.

In November, Samsung came out with the beta for Android Oreo on this phone. I downloaded it and played around with it in a heartbeat. I even made a YouTube video about it which did surprisingly well, getting over 30 thousand views in several days. 

By the end of December, I was tired of this phone. I finally discovered what it was I didn't like. It was Samsung Experience. I much preferred the updates, snappiness, and most of all, customization of the Nexus 5X on stock Android. It was this which made me realize I wanted a Google Pixel 2. XL or not, I don't care. I just want a Pixel 2. So I sold the S8 on Swappa for $514, just 1 dollar more than what I bought it for (but then fees and shipping and took 8% of that).

My parents are being rough and saying I may not be able to get a Pixel 2 until Easter so I guess that means I'll be using my iPhone 6S and Nextbit Robin until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]